Digital Marketing News: April 2015
Looking to bring something new to the watercooler conversation? We’ve rounded up the latest industry news and hot topics that should be on your radar.
Think of it as CliffsNotes for the digital marketing set.
Google’s Mobile-Friendly Update: Moz Has You Covered
Rumors are circulating about Google’s latest iteration to their algorithm, expected to launch April 21st. So what do we know for real about the update? Moz breaks down the nine things that online marketers should expect:
- Google has been rolling out changes upon changes to their apps, many believe to be in preparation for the 4/21 update. Best guesses as to what Google plans to unveil? A new mobile crawler that can do a better job of crawling single-page web apps, Android apps and even Deep Links in iOS apps, more feeds from Trusted Partners, a new mobile-only index and increased mobile page speed.
- Not sure if your site meets Google’s requirements for a mobile-friendly site? Take a look at their Mobile-Friendliness tool that will give your url a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ approval. The test is binary, meaning your page is either mobile friendly or its not.
- On a panel at SMX Munich, Zineb from Google declared the 4/21 change to be bigger than both the Panda and Penguin updates. While it’s still unclear if all mobile devices will be impacted in the change or not, the change might be more impactful Android devices.
Want more? Head over to Moz to see the full list.
Other things you might have missed:
- Here are three tips to write an article that moves people on social media.
- 401 words to remove from your email vocabulary.
Reblogged 5 years ago from blog.aweber.com
- And in news we don’t want to believe: That mid-afternoon Starbucks run might be doing more harm than good.